Butterfly Kisses and Wonderful Wishes Baby Card



So many of you asked for some instructions to make this sweet little z-fold baby girl card I will be happy to help.  Please let me know if you have any questions.  This card is super simple and so fun to make and has so many variations.


You start with your base which measures 11 inches wide by 4 1/4".  Score at 2 3/4" and again at 5 1/2"  Cut a strip 1 1/2" wide by 11" and score at the same measurements.  I didn't take a picture of attaching that top piece but you can see from the completed photo how it will attach to your base.  I would mat my base card and my strip before attaching the top z-fold piece.  After that you are ready to assemble your little crib.  You will need two of the pieces from the Album Tags and Accents and if you want a little sentiment on the back like I have in the picture then you will need a third one.

On the end piece of the side rails  attach a piece of Scor-Pal tape to the front of each end of both rails.  Fold the rail down.   Peel off the tape and attach the rail to the headboard lining up the top and getting it just where you want it.  Then attach the second rail.  It should look something like this.
Now attach the foot-board to the end of one of the rails and you are almost done!



Now just peel off the tape and attach the rail to the headboard and you should have a cute little crib.

Next you will flatten that little crib and attach 1/4" wide scor-pal tape like you see in the picture.




There are several ways you can attach your crib to your matted card.  I remove the paper tape from the Scor-pal and position the crib to line up with the bottom of the card and right up against the fold mark. Then I just close the card and you have attached your crib to your card.








 I know that once you get going on this you will understand it so much better.  It really is easy. 
I made this next card for a Stampin-Up demonstration using the same z-fold pattern.  It is really a fun design and I hope you enjoy!




Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Creating Classic Roses

Moonlight Roses